Staff Millimeter-Wave/RFIC Design Engineer
Posted on January 14, 2020
Description and Responsibilities:
Peraso Technologies, Inc. is seeking an experienced Staff mm-Wave/RFIC Design Engineer responsible for the development of complex circuits from DC to 80 GHz to be used in fully integrated millimeter-wave (mm-wave) transceivers. The successful candidate must have hands-on experience designing several of the following circuits:
High-frequency (>10 GHz) front end: LNA, PA, modulator, mixer, LC-VCO, frequency divider/multiplier, switch, filter and phase shifter.
Mixed Signal: PLL/DLL, ADC, DAC, VGA/AGC
The candidate must also be skilled in the design and modeling of custom inductors, baluns, hybrids, transformers, and transmission lines.
- Develop high-performance RFIC blocks for mm-wave transceivers using Cadence tools.
- Understand mm-wave transceiver specifications and translate them into circuit-level specifications. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are essential.
- Design and verification of calibration algorithms such as DC cancelation, VCO setting, LO rejection, IQ gain, and phase mismatch. Use of internal ADC/DAC for digitally controlled loops.
- Proficient in Spice-like block level simulation (Spectre, Goldengate) for linear, non-linear, and noise analysis. 3D EM simulation experience is a plus.
- Execute physical layout of all circuits and have a thorough understanding of all layout requirements.
- Participate in IC assembly, SOC verification and lab evaluation.
- Design of 60 GHz front-end circuits and Gigahertz-bandwidth baseband circuits in SiGe BiCMOS and deep sub-micron CMOS.
- Design of 60 GHz power detectors and DC offset DACs for TX LO leakage minimization.
- Passive 60 GHz power splitter/combiner design for multi-element phased arrays.
- Passive device design, characterization, and modeling (TLs, inductors, and capacitors).
Development of digital pre-distortion and IQ calibration techniques for enhanced 60 GHz TX EVM
- Present and participate in regular design reviews.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including general specification, circuit description, and evaluation reports.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or related field. Ph.D. is highly desired.
- 6+ years of design experience in transistor-level RFIC circuit design including both state-of-the-art deep sub-micron CMOS and BiCMOS technologies; III-V experience could be considered.
- Experience at or above K-band is highly desired.
- Experience with Verilog-A/AMS and Matlab for system modeling and verification is an asset
- Experience with high volume IC manufacturing is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with high-speed test equipment and bench test skills.
- Ability to take on tasks outside area of expertise.