Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on September 30, 2021
Description and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work on next generation radio characterization and validation with a primary focus on device characterization and field-testing of reference designs and modules. The incumbent will be a principal player in developing solutions which optimize the performance and quality of the company’s wireless products. The position offers limitless opportunities to learn about wireless communications and integrated circuits in a challenging goal-driven environment.
Peraso is headquartered in downtown Toronto, Canada with a satellite office in Waterloo, Canada. Due to COVID-19, and in the short term, this will be a remote role. In the longer term, the successful candidate will work at either our Toronto or Waterloo office, with flexible work-from-home times. Candidates is required to be authorized to work in Canada.
- At least five years’ experience in a relevant field (Electrical, Computer, Systems, or related field).
- Must have a basic understanding of the following:
- wireless communications,
- RF propagation,
- antennas and phased arrays,
- PCB and circuit design
- Good experience with command-line Linux, embedded Linux, and Windows environments
- Experience writing embedded C, C++
- A solid understanding of Python.
- The candidate must demonstrate that they’ve applied good problem solving and debugging skills to resolving complex problems.
- Experience with revision control software such as Perforce, Git, SVN.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Optional Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience with embedded devices
- Experience validating or developing solutions for wireless communication systems
- Strong problem solving and limited visibility debugging skills
- Understanding of different networking protocols (UDP, TCP, Ethernet)
- Some knowledge of USB protocols
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Peraso Technologies is committed to supporting the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario), ensuring accommodation for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment lifecycle.