Senior/New Grad Software Engineering System Device Drivers
Posted on April 6, 2021
Description and Responsibilities:
Peraso’s software engineers develop the next-generation wireless technologies that will change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another.
Peraso offers engineers an opportunity to participate in some of the most advanced technology development in the world. Specialties include millimeter wave 60 GHz wireless circuit design, advanced antenna and phased array design, advanced packaging design, high speed mixed signal and digital design, PHY/MAC architecture development and real-time software development. Peraso is practicing true state-of-the-art technology development and is committed to nurturing a best-in-class engineering organization.
Peraso is based in downtown Toronto, Canada, but due to COVID-19, the role can be conducted from any location as it will primarily be work from home at present. Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada, and a preference for them being based in Toronto as it will require the incumbent to work out of the main Toronto office.
As a senior software engineer, you will work in a fast-paced software development team:
- Focus on design and develop device drivers and network stack on crossed platforms (Linux / Windows / MAC / Android)
- Follow code standard and code review
- Develop networking and usb drivers
- Develop and maintain system software drivers on different operating systems
- Develop proof of concept ideas
- Develop and maintain Embedded platform reference designs
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve bugs
- Design and develop drivers and applications
- Work with APPS to support customer issues
We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate with an ability to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. They must have a good knowledge of C/C++; have basic knowledge with networking concepts and protocols; have a solid knowledge of memory management, concurrency and multi-threading. Finally they must have exceptional problem solving skills; be adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Some Experience of device driver development in Linux and windows
- Proficiency in the C/C++ and kernel debugging
- Some understanding of wireless, networking and USB protocols preferred
- Experience designing and building complex cross-platform software
- Experience with automation test and java script programming preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills preferred
Optional Preferred qualifications
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques
- Hands-on experience using lab equipment such Debuggers, Jtag
- Real time OS knowledge
- Web and application programming
- Scripting languages
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Peraso Technologies is committed to supporting the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario), ensuring accommodation for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment lifecycle.