Mechanical Design Engineer (Thermal Design & Board Assemblies Verification)
Posted on November 30, 2021
Description and Responsibilities:
Peraso is actively seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to support the development of their next generation mmWave wireless technology and Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) chipsets.
- Investigate and design innovative thermal cooling solutions for Peraso Baseband and Radio IC so they can operate within their defined temperature limits
- Develop the 3D model of heatsinks for Peraso products
- Design enclosures for Peraso Modules (plastic or metallic)
- Thermal modeling for package, SIPs, and modules
- Mechanical design, simulations and documentation
- Thermal design and simulations and modeling
- Engage with external vendors for test and production and seek out more economical and robust production solutions
- Create mechanical drawings for our IC packages, antenna packages/modules and for thermal solutions (heat-sinks and cases)
- Verify board assemblies by checking component clearances, connector mating tolerances, and calculating stress/strain on PCB due to mounting screws etc
- Measure thermal performance of proposed solution using IR meter, thermos-couple, power meter, current meter, temp chamber and other lab equipment
- Work with automated motorized equipment such as putting together a room emulator or antenna measurement system
- Working knowledge with SolidWorks 2016 x64 Edition
- Strong knowledge of fluid dynamic and heat transfer and semiconductor device thermal modelling
- Experience with thermal simulations and modeling such as ANYS ICEPAK or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes (injection molding, CNC, milling etc) and their limitation/issues. Knowledge and connections with local and overseas production and prototype vendors is an asset
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering and 3 years experience in the field of Thermal Design
- Awareness of antenna radiation and mm wave EM techniques as it pertains to antenna/case enclosures is an asset
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Peraso is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada. While we are based in Toronto, due to COVID-19 this role can be conducted from any location at present. Our preference is for the incumbent to be Toronto based as some work in the Toronto office will be required.
- This is a regular full-time role that may require some flexibility to work flexible hours throughout the week and provide coverage as required to meet business needs.
We thank all for applying, but only those who meet the requirements will be considered.