Peraso has been an active participant in the standardization of 60 GHz technology and the development of the IEEE 802.11ad specification.
Peraso's reference designs allow multiple chipset vendors to supply original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), greatly increasing their ability to build cohesive product strategies around the new standards.
The PRS2152 transmitter and PRS2153 receiver are highly integrated, low power, mm-wave modules compliant with the WiGig 1.3 and IEEE 802.11ad specifications. Based on the Peraso high performance PRS1125 transceiver, the modules support up to 2 GHz channel bandwidths. As part of a complete 60 GHz solution, the PRS212x pair facilitate energy efficiency better than 300pJ/bit; making them ideal for high bandwidth small cell backhaul and Wi-Fi infrastructure applications.
- Operate in the unlicensed 57 to 66 GHz band
- Support single carrier BPSK, π/2-BPSK, QPSK, π/2-QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM with bandwidths up to 2 GHz
- QPSK transmit output power: up to +14 dBm
- Better than -21 dB transmit EVM
- Low DC power consumption:
- PRS2152 Tx: 340 mW (+8dBm)
- PRS2153 Rx: 285 mW
- Deep sleep mode: 1 mW
- Receiver noise figure: < 5 dB
- Receiver conversion gain > 70 dB
- Low transition loss < 1dB
- Fast-locking integrated receiver AGC
- Maximum receive input signal power -20 dBm
- Integrated PLL phase noise < 6 deg. RMS
- Simple connection to external transmit/receive antennas via Standard WR15 waveguide interface
- Integrated high performance crystal oscillator
- 3 / 4-wire SPI and 4 GPIOs for configuration and control
- Supply voltages 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V
- Industrial Operating Temperature
- 24mm x 28mm x 6mm module