Staff Engineer, Software Design (Toronto Office)
Posted on October 27, 2017
Description and Responsibilities:
Peraso’s software engineers develop the next-generation wireless technologies that will change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another.
We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate with an ability to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. They must have a strong experience programming in C/C++; have good knowledge with networking concepts and protocols; have a solid knowledge of embedded programming, memory management, concurrency and multi-threading. Finally they must have exceptional problem solving skills; be adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
As a software engineer, you work in small teams designing features across various software layers, from real-time, hardware depended software to performance hungry networking protocols and device drivers. Exploring various types of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Android, MAC) for different target applications (Mobile, Infrastructure, Backhaul).
- Participation in industry standard development activities.
- Participating in multi-functional design reviews.
- Interface with customers and validate their issues and requirements.
- Travel to one or more of the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field. M.Sc. highly desired.
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in embedded firmware design using C/C++ including object-oriented design practices.
- Knowledge of networking and wireless protocols, e.g. 802.11, Bluetooth, LTE.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to clearly explain complex ideas.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux, Android and/or MAC environment.
- Proficient in one more scripting languages, such as Tcl.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques.
- Hands-on experience using lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and real-time oscilloscopes.