Senior Staff Engineer, Product Validation
Posted on August 17, 2017
Description and Responsibilities:
As a Product Validation Engineer, your responsibilities will include; creating end-to-end tests and system level verification strategies for WiGig Baseband and RF ASICs, embedded firmware and host drivers, as a complete product package.
- Determine test algorithms to target specific fail mechanisms and prepare detailed description for test required during design validation cycle;
- Assist in digital IC verification and validation;
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including test plans and evaluation reports;
- Assist Application Engineers with challenging customer questions;
Listen to customer feedback, recognize opportunities and provide feedback for technical innovation;
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance;
- Write targeted end-customer test plans, test cases and testing tools in an embedded environment;
- Work closely with application engineers and product managers to qualify and support customer releases;
- Troubleshoot customer issues and provide detailed technical support, both remotely and on-site;
- Develop tests in C/C++ and able to port existing code and s/w team code into validation test framework;
- Automate tests in validation test suites wherever possible, and perform software regression testing;
- Work in an embedded Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 environment comfortably;
- Understand different networking protocols (802.11 an asset);
- Provide general technical training to support engineers and sales engineers when needed;
- Create product demos for tradeshows, plug fests, and other events occasionally;
- Act with the highest standards of business ethics, both with external and internal colleagues, and in a manner which enhances the Company’s image and overall performance.
- This position may require regular travel to one or more of the following locations: U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Demonstrated familiarity with product requirements, test reviews and use case development;
- Demonstrated programming experience with C/C++, shell scripting languages; TCL an asset;
- Proven ability to create and run test cases that identify S/W, H/W, PCB, and system level defects effectively;
- Demonstrated knowledge in Windows/Unix/Linux, development tools, compile toolchains, and common utilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Experience working in a fast paced environment dealing with multiple projects simultaneously;
- Comfortable participating in team meetings and raising issues arising out of testing;
- Highly motivated and passionate about QA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar;
- 6+ years of experience in a high-tech engineering environment;
- Experience in programming in C/C++, and Linux/windows shell scripting;
- Experience in automated test tool implementation and use an asset;
- Fluent in English.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peraso Technologies is committed to supporting the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario), ensuring accommodation for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment life cycle.